WATSTEIN HOMEPAGE







Friends
Sean Rees
Brad Conte
Huong Tran
Robert Chang
Kevin McClusky
Recent Entries

*California Recall God! what a crazy state I live....


*THE DEBATE NEWS FROM SACBEE(if anyone missed it li...
*I watched the debate last night and I posted the a...
*THE RECALL DEBATE Davis takes blame, others take ...
*Site Updates I have changed my site to get rid o...
*8/18-8/23, First of week of school and my life As...
*New Scanner for my mac. Also product Review. Hp 3...
*Seabiscut(REVIEW) This was my 12:00 appointment...
*A wild time Tomorrow I start school again and bef...
*American Wedding(REVIEW) Well the cast of Ameri...

Terror Alert Level:
Terror Alert Level
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
[Valid RSS]
[Valid Atom]
 

STANDINGS

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Regional Transit Opens New Light Rail and I went to see it

Yesterday, Regional Transit (RT) in Sacramento was giving free rides in order for people to try the new Southline extension of the light rail. My father and I decided to spend half the day just trying it out. I drove from my house to the Mather Field station, I parked the car at the park and ride and waited about 10 minutes for the train heading to downtown. I got aboard and the was on our way. We took the existing line all the way from Mather to 16th street in downtown. Which by the way is the stop for the Sacramento Bee. We got off the train and the Meadowview connection was just pulling in. We got on the new clean smooth train and was on our way to the south area. We were facing backwards from 16th St. until 4th Ave Wayne Hulgren Station. We got off the train there because we wanted to look at the station in some depth. The new stations are very clean and neat. They are based more on the design style that you would see in San Jose. The platforms are not like they use to be where it was one side faces the other and the trains in-between. Now they are split platforms and the people face the same way. We waited at 4th Ave for 15 minutes for the next train but got a free Sacramento Bee. We got on the next train still heading for Medowview. I  want to now talk about the new French Made trains which they were made by a company called "Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (CAF) " unlike the old ones made by Siemens Transportation Systems . The new trains show what the direction of the train is as well as the next stop with a computer voice that is the same as my Navigation system in my Toyota. The new vehicles have: *An emergency intercom system which allows passengers to speak directly to the operator. *An interior audible and visual next stop announcement system.  *An exterior audible and visual train destination announcement system.  *A video camera security system.  *Wider center isle space and increased wheelchair carrying capability.  *A majority of forward facing seats in each car half.  *Reduced interior noise levels.  *Interior bicycle storage racks. We then got to the end of the train at Meadowview and got off then walked around then got on the same train and waited a minute and headed back to downtown. After that got off at St Rose a Lima Station which is near the K st Mall and Hardrock Cafe' and then waited for 10 minutes for the Watt I-80 train and headed for Watt I-80 which is all old line then got off and walked to Carrows for breakfast and then walked back to the station and got on a new bus 1. The new busses are low to the ground and are like tour busses and now show the time and date. But I thought that the older busses are better. Which goes from Watt I-80 through Sunrise Mall and down to Mather Mills. Then got into the car and drove home. It was a 4 and a half hours but was something I would only do if you are board and want to get out and ride public transportation for free.  


 

 

 Copyright 2000-2007 Marcus Watstein. All Rights Reserved.